Team AIP is committed to providing an impartial, objective and accurate assessment of player basketball skills. This assessment will be used to determine the rosters for the AAU Teams. No tryout process is perfect. The organization reviews our tryout process each year to determine how to improve the process to give all the athletes a fair opportunity to show their basketball skills.
Who should attend the tryouts?
All players that are interested to tryout for the AAU team must attend the appropriate tryout session as detailed on the website. We offer teams for athletes in grades 2-11.
- Live in the Anne Arundel County or surrounding area.
- Have paid required registration fee for the current season.
- Have paid all past due balances from previous seasons.
- Have agreed to all required waivers to participate in the AIP program.
- AAU Teams are designated by grade level for girls and age for boys (15U = 15 years old and under).
- Grade is determined by the grade of the player for the current school year.
- Age is determined by the players age on Sept 1 of the current year. Players in their respective age groups must not reach the next age before Sept 1 of the current year.
- The organization gives priority to players that are in the same grade and meet the team age requirement.
Tryouts will be scheduled to be held at an Anne Arundel County Public School gym. Every effort will be made to provide as much advanced notice as possible to the actual location and dates of the tryouts each season. The information will be posted on the Team AIP website on the Tryouts page.
- Team AIP reserves the right to change dates, times and locations (weather and facility availability) without prior notice. If this should occur, we will try to give the athletes and parents as much advanced notice as possible.
- Ball handling
- Shooting (free throws, layups, etc.)
- Intangibles, such as sportsmanship, aggressiveness, coach-ability,
- Players should arrive approximately 15 minutes before their scheduled tryout time to check in. Upon check-in, each player will receive a number that will be pinned to their shirt. Numbers are assigned by grade/age level.
- About 10 minutes before each group is to start, an AIP representative will give the players a short introduction to the process and then coaches will begin tryouts.
- Parents will be permitted to stay and watch the tryouts. Please refrain from any coaching, cheering or communicating with the players during the tryout process.
- Total tryout time should be about 1- 1½ hours.
- Older players in the organization may be used to help out during the tryouts for younger players.
- Players should wear shoes appropriate for tryouts.
- Players should wear basketball appropriate clothing.
*if you were unable to make tryouts, please contact us to schedule a tryout.